What is Stop Colon Cancer Now?
Michiana Endoscopy Center is a proud partner of StopColonCancerNow.com, a community of more than 1,000 gastroenterologists nationwide who have joined forces to promote education and awareness about colon cancer screening and prevention. We are working together to:
- Save lives through colon cancer prevention
- Educate at-risk patients about colon cancer screening
- Address misconceptions about colonoscopy, the most effective procedure to prevent and detect colon cancer
- Provide a credible resource for physicians and nurses through our referring physician portal
- Energize survivors, patients, caregivers and family members to share their stories
March is Colon Cancer Awareness Month. Throughout the month of March, we collaborate with StopColonCancerNow.com to raise awareness for colon cancer by encouraging at-risk patients to prevent colon cancer by completing or scheduling a colonoscopy.
You may be wondering when to schedule your first colonoscopy, and it might be sooner than you think. In May 2018, the American Cancer Society revised the recommended age for a first-time colon cancer screening to 45, due to an increased incidence of the disease among people under age 55.
Throughout both Colon Cancer Awareness Month and the rest of the year, StopColonCancerNow.com provides the latest news, information and resources about colon cancer screening and prevention.
Request an Appointment
To request an appointment at Michiana Endoscopy Center, fill out the form below and click “Send Request.” We will contact you to schedule the appointment.
Please note: This request form is not intended as a tool for reporting a medical emergency or medical problem. It will not go to a physician and is only monitored during normal business hours. If you have critical or timely information, please contact a physician directly. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911.